We love people! And we love to travel! We have sold everything we own, cashed in all of our savings and live out of a beat up truck and camper in order to live as frugally on the road as we can. If you have met us on the road and enjoyed our company or you have enjoyed the stories or resources we have shared, please consider supporting us financially.
We will use your donation to continue our mission to HELP PEOPLE as we travel with purpose.
OR, DONATE TOWARD OUR DIRECT TRAVEL EXPENSES
Or, if you would like to support our direct travel needs as we constantly look for opportunities to help as we live day-to-day on the road, here is a sample of some of the expenses we incur and how your contribution can assist us. We are completely honest and open with our expenses as a way to remain accountable to people who support us and to encourage other people to learn to travel on less.
* $25 – Our daily budget for food and household items. We rarely “go out” to eat and mostly make our own meals.
* $25 – Our daily accommodation budget. We won’t typically stay in a campground where we have to pay more than that. And, quite frequently we “boon dock” in free sites to be even more responsible with our budget.
* $100 – Our combined cell phone bill. We share a family plan with our family and cut unnecessary extras to keep the lowest cost on the market.
* $325 – Our monthly health insurance payment. Lindsay has Crohn’s Disease so we know that health insurance is necessary.
* $500 – Our monthly truck maintenance budget. Because our truck has over 460,000 miles we actually go over this budget every month and have to make up for it in other budget items.
* FUN $ – We have only paid for 1 TOUR on our entire journey (to fulfill our dream to visit the Arctic Ocean). We budget $15 per day toward “contingency” expenses. But instead of “fun” these usually include tolls, laundry and miscellaneous repairs. If you’d like to contribute directly toward an activity for us we’d love to take you up on it!
THANK YOU so much for your donation to support us as we wander in search of ways to connect with and help people across the world! If you’d like, please send us an email (hello[at]calledtowander.com) to say hello as we’d love to hear from you and thank you personally!